ESL Book Club Books
Would you like to run an ESL Book Club with your classmates, your students, or your library visitors?
Three ESL Book Club readers are now available:
- The English Chip (intermediate, original fiction, fun and compelling story)
- Blood Kind (intermediate original fiction, fun and dramatic story)
- A Lady’s Visit to the Gold Diggings of Australia in 1852-3 (upper intermediate, adapted history/memoir, with camping, bushrangers and GOLD!)
Each book has a small illustration at the start of each chapter, and Book Club discussion questions at the end of each chapter. Read, discuss, read, discuss – there’s lots to say!
The three books are now available in two formats;
- As a paperback ‘library’ reader.
- In pdf version, which teachers can share with students as a photocopy, on screen, or online. (Yes, why not an online book club?)
You can find the paperbacks at your local language bookstore or library supplier. If you’re a student, ask your librarian! The links to the audio are here.
You can find the pdf versions on the PayHip store – where anyone can download two sample chapters and try them out!
The stories (without the Book Club questions) are also still available as ESL Easy Read e-books!